ID Theft and Fraud Protection
Financial institutions like Kansas State Bank now provide a way to keep you and your accounts safer with identity theft protection services, including the following:
- Credit and identity monitoring: Your credit file and public records get evaluated regularly for anything out of the ordinary. If anything changes in your credit reports, you receive alerts automatically.
- Credit checks: You can request Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports every 90 days as one report, instead of individually getting all three. Checking these regularly can help you spot fraudulent credit accounts opened under your name.
- Fraud recovery support: If you become a victim of identity theft, your bank works with you to clear up your identity. You can receive a recovery plan and be reimbursed for up to $10,000 in relevant costs.
Learn more about KSB Checking accounts with ID Protect here or stop by and ask one of our friendly staff to help you get signed up.
Fraud Prevention Alert System
If you receive a fraud alert from us...
We use a proactive alert system if we suspect potential fraud.
Here is how it works:
When potential fraud is detected, we send you an automatic email notification with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.” This email comes from Kansas State Bank.
One minute after the email, we send a text alert from 32874 between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. EST to which you can reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.”
If you do not respond within five minutes of the text alert, we call you to confirm or deny the purchase is fraud.
If we don't reach you on the phone your card will be blocked and no further transactions will be approved on your card until you call the fraud center or the bank.
OUR MESSAGES AND STAFF WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PIN OR ACCOUNT NUMBER.
TO RESPOND TO THE FRAUD CENTER, CALL (800) 417-4592.
Enroll in Anti-Fraud Alerts from Anywhere!
Keep 24/7 tabs on your KSB debit or ATM card, straight from your phone with Guardian.
Lost or Stolen Debit Card?
Let's Shut it down
We have four convenient ways for you to quickly turn your debit card off
- Log into your Online Banking using mobile banking tab then ATM/Debit Card tab
- On your Mobile App go to menu then manage cards
- During business hours call the bank at (877) KSB-BANK or Ottawa (785) 242-3600 or Baldwin at (785) 594-7500
- Report your lost or stolen VISA® check card 24/7 by calling (866) 546-8273 You'll need the following information handy: Your Name exactly as it appears on the card Full Address of card owner Your daytime phone number Our Routing Number: 101100964 Bank Name and Address:
Kansas State Bank
236 N Main
Ottawa, KS 66067
Learn more and stay secure through your bank’s protection services so you can avoid theft the easy way.